#intimacy #communion #intercession #dialogue #conversation #TheGreatExchangeForService
#GiftOfAccess #gift #access #SelfLessService #selfless #service #Father #Son #HolySpirit #otakada.org #https://shop.otakada.org/product/dale-fife-the-secret-place-passionately-pursuing-his-presence-in-pdf/
Title: The Great Exchange For Service – Intercession Part 3 – Sensitivity in Intimacy with the Lord
Date: Sunday, 9th of September 2018
Otakada.org content count #14,276
1 Samuel 3:1-11
1 Now the boy Samuel ministered to the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was rare in those days; there was no widespread revelation.
2 And it came to pass at that time, while Eli was lying down in his place, and when his eyes had begun to grow so dim that he could not see,
3 and before the lamp of God went out in the tabernacle of the LORD where the ark of God was, and while Samuel was lying down,
4 that the LORD called Samuel. And he answered, “Here I am!”
5 So he ran to Eli and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” And he said, “I did not call; lie down again.” And he went and lay down.
6 Then the LORD called yet again, “Samuel!” So Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, “Here I am, for you called me.” He answered, “I did not call, my son; lie down again.”
7 (Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, nor was the word of the LORD yet revealed to him.)
8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. So he arose and went to Eli, and said, “Here I am, for you did call me.” Then Eli perceived that the LORD had called the boy.
9 Therefore Eli said to Samuel, “Go, lie down; and it shall be, if He calls you, that you must say, ‘Speak, LORD, for Your servant hears.’ ” So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
10 Now the LORD came and stood and called as at other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” And Samuel answered, “Speak, for Your servant hears.”
11 Then the LORD said to Samuel: “Behold, I will do something in Israel at which both ears of everyone who hears it will tingle.
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
29-31 Jesus said, “The first in importance is, ‘Listen, Israel: The Lord your God is one; so love the Lord God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence and energy.’ And here is the second: ‘Love others as well as you love yourself.’ There is no other commandment that ranks with these.”
8 Now Amalek came and fought with Israel in Rephidim.
9 And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose us some men and go out, fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.”
10 So Joshua did as Moses said to him, and fought with Amalek. And Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.
11 And so it was, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed; and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed.
12 But Moses’ hands became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.
13 So Joshua defeated Amalek and his people with the edge of the sword.
The heart of the Long longs for us, His children. God desires to commune with us on a deeper level. God will not barge into our lives beyond our willingness to connect with Him. God desires intimacy with Him. This is where we come to hang out with no prayer request, just for us to give Him our heart, where we are refreshed and energized to engage based on His unfolding of His heart to us in the secret place. A skillful intercession is an intercessor that has keyed into the heart and mind of God to the extent that every prayer uttered as a result of such encounters does not go to the ground void but will perform the intent for which it was sent.
God wants to intercede through us because the realm of the physical has been assign to the sons of men to dominate as Christ representative, His body, you and I. You and I are the body of Christ. You and I are the church not the building we run into every Sunday. Our great exchange starts in the place of exchange of our heart for His heart, our desires for His desires, our time for His time and our resources for His eternal resources.
Are we ready? Let’s get into the message Jesus has for His church as we initiated last Sunday in His dialogue with Dr. Dale Fife and we pray that you will be blessed thereby and motivated to engage Him in the secret place where His agenda takes center stage and ours take back stage.
Partly drawn from Dr. Dale A. Fife ‘s book https://shop.otakada.org/product/dale-fife-the-secret-place-passionately-pursuing-his-presence-in-pdf/ –
1) “I want you to come to My Well every day,” He said. “I will cleanse you, and then I will direct you to the specific level from which I would have you drink on each occasion. The needs and demands of the moment will determine where I enable you to draw revelation from the depths of My Spirit.” Each Person Is a Vessel.
2) “I intend to reveal My Father-heart to My church. In the days to come, a fresh revelation of Fatherhood will be released from My well. My kingdom government and purposes in these last days will also be revealed in greater measure. The knowledge of this impending revelation causes the enemy to tremble. He is aware that his time is limited.”
3) “There are certain levels of revelation in the well of My presence that are inaccessible. (See 1 Corinthians 2:7, 10.) These are the things that have been sealed. They can be opened only at the time determined by the Father, and then only to those who are ordained to carry them out. Some of these truths have to do with the nations; others have to do with judgment; still others have to do with the mysteries of the coming ages and eons. These things are still locked in the heavenly vaults of revelation. (See Acts 1:7.)
4) “These are days of great revelation! My Spirit is moving mightily through the earth. The prophets are alive with My presence as My Spirit is revealing My purpose to them. My church is about to explode! The earth will be covered with My grace and judgment.
5) “You must make a demand upon Me. You must draw up revelation truth out of My heart. When My servant John was on the Isle of Patmos, he made a demand upon My anointing. He was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day. (See Revelation 1:10.) As he sought Me, I gave great vision and revelation to him. I will do the same for you and for all those who will seek Me now.”
Do you hear what God is saying to you? If you will seek His face, He will give divine revelation to you. He will reveal not only Himself, but also His plans for you and for the church. You may be called upon to give a message to the church. Seek the Lord today, and begin to draw truth from His well of revelation.
The history of the church brings us the tragic, recurring story of repeated,spiritual treason by religious establishment. Virtually every church or religious movement begins with dedicated people who give the total of their spiritual and material powers, even unto death, to advance the kingdom of Christ in The Great Exchange For Service. Then, the classic story unfolds. Dedication produces success, and success, prosperity. Prosperity then inevitably diminishes spiritual fervor, and the hand of the blessing of God is lifted from a once fruitful effort. Is this not the precise story of the last of the seven churches of revelation?
We should maintain our intimacy with the Lord so we don’t end up like the church establishment of old in Jesus name, we have prayed. Amen!
Monday Ogwuojo Ogbe e- discipleship at Otakada.org