#Church #TheChristianChurch #TheChurchOfJesusChrist #SCOAN #EmmanuelTV #SynagugeChurchOfAllNations #JesusChrist #unity
Subject – The Christian Church – Account of My Meeting with Prophet T.B Joshua of The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN) – Part 5
OTAKADA.org content count 490,002
Sunday, 3rd of February 2019
Blog link: https://www.otakada.org/category/blog/
Then God said, “Letusmakea man—someone like ourselves,* to be the master of all life upon the earth and in the skies and in the seas.”
John 17:1- Living Bible (TLB)
17 When Jesus had finished saying all these things he looked up to heaven and said, “Father, the time has come. Reveal the glory of your Son so that he can give the glory back to you. 2 For you have given him authority over every man and woman in all the earth. He gives eternal life to each one you have given him. 3 And this is the way to have eternal life—by knowing you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth! 4 I brought glory to you here on earth by doing everything you told me to. 5 And now, Father, reveal my glory as I stand in your presence, the glory we shared before the world began.
6 “I have told these men all about you. They were in the world, but then you gave them to me. Actually, they were always yours, and you gave them to me; and they have obeyed you. 7 Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you,8 for I have passed on to them the commands you gave me; and they accepted them and know of a certainty that I came down to earth from you, and they believe you sent me.
9 “My plea is not for the world but for those you have given me because they belong to you. 10 And all of them, since they are mine, belong to you; and you have given them back to me with everything else of yours, and so they are my glory!11 Now I am leaving the world, and leaving them behind, and coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your own care—all those you have given me—so that they will be united just as we are, with none missing. 12 During my time here I have kept safe within your family all of these you gave me.[a]I guarded them so that not one perished, except the son of hell, as the Scriptures foretold.
13 “And now I am coming to you. I have told them many things while I was with them so that they would be filled with my joy. 14 I have given them your commands. And the world hates them because they don’t fit in with it, just as I don’t. 15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from Satan’s power. 16 They are not part of this world any more than I am. 17 Make them pure and holy through teaching them your words of truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world, 19 and I consecrate myself to meet their need for growth in truth and holiness.
20 “I am not praying for these alone but also for the future believers who will come to me because of the testimony of these. 21 My prayer for all of them is that they will be of one heart and mind, just as you and I are, Father—that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me.
Dear brethren, welcome to the fifth part of our series on The Christian Church. Today, we are looking at The Synagogue, Church of all Nations pastored by Prophet T.B Joshua. What are their believes? Are they Christ Followers or not? Are their areas of mutual believe? Do we need to open windows or channels of engagement with SCOAN? Before I move on to the statement of faith, I will give account of my engagement with Prophet T.B Joshua in his office on Thursday, 15thof April 2010 at about 4 PM.
What was my mission to SCOAN? Three months prior, the Lord had shown me 3 different revelations of the calamity that was to befall the Nigerian nation. He had instructed that intercession be made by selected churches in Nigeria. Seven churches were to be visited in each of the 36 state capital, including FCT, Abuja making 37. Twelve copies of the prayer book were handed to them for intercessors to intercede for revival in the land beginning with the church over a 36 months period, which expired in 2012. The trip took me all around the country to 260 churches, 3120 copies of the prayer book were distributed. The mission took 12 days, 7000 km. SCOAN was the final church visited in Lagos. I was not able to see the prophet on the 14thand was rescheduled for the next day.
I was escorted to his office. There were no long wait, no red tapes, I did not see any body guard and his office was as humble as humble can be. I stated my mission, handed him the copies and he prayed that the lord will give me the voice to push the message through.
After that visit, I have worshiped on three occasion. His messages were straight and direct to the point. The manifestation of the gifts of healing was unquestionable. On those visits, I never discerned a contrary spirit in operation.
Hereunder is the statement of faith by SCOAN
The Holy Spirit worked with the Father and the Son to create the world. The Father gave His Spirit to make us like His Son, Jesus Christ. The Jesus Christ we know is Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit. He made a wonderful promise in John 14:16-17: “I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever — the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you.” The Holy Spirit is to be with us forever. He is not known or received by everyone, but only by those who are prepared for Him. The Holy Spirit shows us how wrong our sins are. He helps us to accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour. He completely changes our lives. This is called being converted or born again.
- Jesus Christ is a soul-winner. That is what He came for, lived for, died for and rose again for. He came to restore the relationship and fellowship between God and man. As to His human nature, Jesus Christ was a descendant of David. As to His divine nature, He was shown with great power to be the Son of God by being raised from death on the third day. Now He sits at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:2; Romans 1:2-4). He was at all points tempted just as we are, yet was without sin. Jesus Christ loves us, died for us, reigns in power for us and still prays for us.
- Holy men of God were carried along by the Holy Spirit as they spoke the message that came from God. The Holy Bible is more than long-ago events and ancient wisdom. It is God’s message of grace and truth to us today (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21).
- Sin points one to eternal death and destruction but God’s Word points one to life. If Christ Jesus is our Lord and Saviour, a new body, a new soul and a new spirit await us one day. God’s Spirit joins Himself to our spirit to declare that we are God’s children (Romans 8:16).
- Salvation is to be set free from sin and its penalties and is received by faith in the cleansing power of the Blood of Jesus Christ. Each man has to accept Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior, otherwise Jesus’ death will not save him.
- God’s Word refreshes our minds while God’s Spirit renews our strength. To be born again, not only must we have God’s Word but also His Spirit, mixed with repentance and faith in our hearts.
- Divine healing is the supernatural power of God bringing health to the human body. It is received by faith in the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ. All the punishment Jesus Christ received before and during His crucifixion was for our healing – spirit, soul and body. By His stripes, we are healed. Divine healing was included in the benefits that Jesus Christ bought for us at Calvary.
- Water baptism and baptism in the Holy Spirit. We also believe in speaking in tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance (Acts 2:4). All who enter into the number of the body of Christ do so because they are baptized in the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:13; Romans 8:9). When you are baptized in the Holy Spirit, God’s power will come upon you as it did on the first disciples on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:1-4). When God’s power comes upon you, the Holy Spirit will affect everything about you. The Holy Spirit produces rivers of life, joy, love, peace and power to flow out of your spirit for the needs of others (John 7:37-38).
- The Lord’s Supper as was celebrated by Jesus Christ and His disciples in Matthew 26:26-28,”While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to His disciples, saying, ‘Take and eat; this is My body.’ Then He took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, ‘Drink from it, all of you. This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.’” As the disciples of old were instructed to partake of the Lord’s Supper by Jesus Christ, we also partake of the Lord’s Supper (2 Peter 1:4), upon the instruction of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:10; 11:26-31).
- Jesus Christ will come again, just as He went away (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians. 4:16-17).
What I cannot understand, till date is why we create unnecessary problems for ourselves by segregating ourselves into denominations with no Jesus foundation. God is love, love permits diversity in unity- Love is the only clue that can hold us together. Don’t we realize that even if we have 7 billion members, the work of ministry cannot be completed by one ministry? Our disunity is delaying the return of our lord and savior Jesus Christ because many, seeing our disunity will not come to the Lord. Let us open channels of communication with each other and let us do it now. Take time to read, in meditative mode, John 17, the prayer Jesus prayed for me and you believers and remain united.
Dear Lord God, we present Your body of believers around the world before You today, Lord, help us to let go of petty differences and focus on the high calling of God for our lives. Help us to accommodate each other in love. Help us to be reconciled to You and to one another despite our diversity in Jesus name I have prayed (Amen)
Monday Ogwuojo Ogbe – E-discipleship @
Some raised questions about authenticity of Prophet T.B Joshua based on information the heard about him prior. Hereunder is our response in the spirit of unity
Hello BW, thanks for your observation. I don’t know about you but for me, my Christian race did not start on a smooth sailing. It took me years to figure out my stand in Christ and frankly speaking, I am still growing. Sometimes it is difficult for us, followers of Christ to articulate correctly the specific call of God over our lives. My call is to encourage unity of spirit by highlighting those things that holds us together and not those that divide. God in His infinite wisdom does not permit that all the gift of the spirit are present in one gathering so we can reach out to one another for the equipping of the saints and the work of ministry. Even if we do have all the gifts, they are usually in varying measure. Benny Hinn once fell ill and needed another pastor to lay hands on Him before he got his healing. Believers had to call on Peter in the book of Acts 9:36-43 to restore Dorcas, the disciple back to life. In summary when I am confused on the authenticity of a man of God, I would look out for the fruit as Jesus instructed. Check the scriptures below to help clarity and also how Jesus responded to a man using His name to cast out demons.. Shalom!
Matthew 7:15-23 Amplified Bible (AMP)
A Tree and Its Fruit
15 “Beware of the false prophets, [teachers] who come to you dressed as sheep [appearing gentle and innocent], but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them[that is, by their contrived doctrine and self-focus]. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the unhealthy tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore, by their fruit you will recognize them [as false prophets].
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day [when I judge them], ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, and driven out demons in Your name, and done many miracles in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them publicly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me [you are banished from My presence], you who act wickedly[disregarding My commands].’
Galatians 5:16-26 Amplified Bible (AMP)
16 But I say, walk habitually in the [Holy] Spirit [seek Him and be responsive to His guidance], and then you will certainly not carry out the desire of the [a]sinful nature [which responds impulsively without regard for God and His precepts]. 17 For the sinful nature has its desire which is opposed to the Spirit, and the [desire of the] Spirit opposes the [b]sinful nature; for these [two, the sinful nature and the Spirit] are in direct opposition to each other [continually in conflict], so that you [as believers] do not [always] do whatever [good things] you want to do. 18 But if you are guided and led by the Spirit, you are not subject to the Law. 19 Now the practices of the [c]sinful nature are clearly evident: they are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality (total irresponsibility, lack of self-control), 20 [d]idolatry, [e]sorcery, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions [that promote heresies], 21 envy, drunkenness, riotous behavior, and other things like these. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the [f]sinful nature together with its passions and appetites.
25 If we [claim to] live by the [Holy] Spirit, we must also walk by the Spirit [with personal integrity, godly character, and moral courage—our conduct empowered by the Holy Spirit]. 26 We must not become conceited, challenging or provoking one another, envying one another.
Mark 9:38-41 Amplified Bible (AMP)
38 John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to stop him because he was not accompanying us [as Your disciple].” 39 But Jesus said, “Do not stop him; for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. 40 For he who is not against us is for us. 41 For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because of your name as followers of Christ, I assure you and most solemnly say to you, he will not lose his reward.